monitor. the read-edid package would do this, but it only works in
32bit env.

do we have a alternative way to get the edid info. in a 64bit env.?

--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
http://meme.yahoo.com/davidshen84/
Re: [gentoo-user] how to get edid info. for monitors in gentoo amd64 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 5:12 AM, Xi Shen <davidshen84@googlemail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> my system is gentoo amd64. i want to get the edid info. for my
> monitor. the read-edid package would do this, but it only works in
> 32bit env.
>
> do we have a alternative way to get the edid info. in a 64bit env.?
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> David Shen
>
> http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
> http://meme.yahoo.com/davidshen84/

I use read-edid-2.0 on AMD64 and it seems to work for me.

firefly ~ # get-edid | parse-edid
parse-edid: parse-edid version 2.0.0
get-edid: get-edid version 2.0.0

Performing real mode VBE call
Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f00 bx=0x0 cx=0x0
Function supported
Call successful

VBE version 300
VBE string at 0x11100 "Intel(R)Ironlake Desktop Graphics Chipset
Accelerated VGA BIOS"

VBE/DDC service about to be called
Report DDC capabilities

Performing real mode VBE call
Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f15 bx=0x0 cx=0x0
Function supported
Call successful

Monitor and video card combination does not support DDC1 transfers
Monitor and video card combination supports DDC2 transfers
0 seconds per 128 byte EDID block transfer
Screen is not blanked during DDC transfer

Reading next EDID block

VBE/DDC service about to be called
Read EDID

Performing real mode VBE call
Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f15 bx=0x1 cx=0x0
Function supported
Call successful

parse-edid: EDID checksum passed.

# EDID version 1 revision 3
Section "Monitor"
# Block type: 2:0 3:fd
# Block type: 2:0 3:fc
Identifier "SyncMaster"
VendorName "SAM"
ModelName "SyncMaster"
# Block type: 2:0 3:fd
HorizSync 30-81
VertRefresh 56-75
# Max dot clock (video bandwidth) 140 MHz
# Block type: 2:0 3:fc
# Block type: 2:0 3:ff
# DPMS capabilities: Active off:yes Suspend:yes Standby:yes

Mode "1280x1024" # vfreq 60.020Hz, hfreq 63.981kHz
DotClock 108.000000
HTimings 1280 1328 1440 1688
VTimings 1024 1025 1028 1066
Flags "+HSync" "+VSync"
EndMode
# Block type: 2:0 3:fd
# Block type: 2:0 3:fc
# Block type: 2:0 3:ff
EndSection
firefly ~ #
Re: [gentoo-user] how to get edid info. for monitors in gentoo amd64 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:12:34 +0800
Xi Shen <davidshen84@googlemail.com> wrote:

> my system is gentoo amd64. i want to get the edid info. for my
> monitor. the read-edid package would do this, but it only works in
> 32bit env.

Latest read-edid now works on amd64. Just emerge read-edid.

Frank Peters