missing BSD* partitions. I remember reading something back in the days
about broken fdisk on gentoo-alpha installer so I took my old
install-alpha.minimal.iso from 2011. With this old installer CD I was
able to partition the disk and then continue the installation with the
recent mini installer from 2024. Has anyone here recent experience
from booting a current mini-install iso?

Regards

Magnus Lindholm
Re: fdisk on mini-installer iso [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 6:28?PM Magnus Lindholm <linmag7@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A few days ago I fired up my UP2000+ Alpha and booted a recent
> gentoo-alpha installer iso.
> "install-alpha-minimal-20240328T170423Z.iso". Things seemed to work
> fine, but I was unable to partition my drive. fdisk complained about
> missing BSD* partitions. I remember reading something back in the days
> about broken fdisk on gentoo-alpha installer so I took my old
> install-alpha.minimal.iso from 2011. With this old installer CD I was
> able to partition the disk and then continue the installation with the
> recent mini installer from 2024. Has anyone here recent experience
> from booting a current mini-install iso?
>
> Regards
>
> Magnus Lindholm

Yes, fdisk has been broken for many years. I believe it broke in v2.23.

See https://marc.info/?t=143891491000001&r=1&w=4

Use `parted` instead.

(parted) mktable bsd

See https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1025044.html for some instructions.
Re: fdisk on mini-installer iso [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Had a similar problem about 2 years ago. This is an old problem. I did
the same work around that you used.

APK

Re: fdisk on mini-installer iso [ In reply to ]
Thank you