Mailing List Archive

Work Practices of Cyber Security Professionals
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a university researcher who is investigating the development of new,
usable tools that will improve the work practices of cyber security
professionals. As a first step to achieve this goal, I am undertaking a survey
to gain an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day activities of cyber
security professionals. The targeted participants for this survey are those who
perform security related activities as a part of their job (e.g. security
analysts, network administrators, penetration testers).

I would be very grateful if you could spare some time and complete this short
survey for me. It can be accessed at the following link:

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1536165/Work-Practices-of-Cyber-Security-Professionals

For more information about the survey, please carry on reading.

- Purpose of the research: The main aim of this research is to improve the work
practices of cyber security professionals, through developing new and usable
tools. This survey will serve as the first step towards achieving this goal, by
providing a deeper and more complete understanding about the day-to-day
activities of cyber security professionals.

- Time required: The survey will take approximately 12 minutes to complete.

- Benefits: There are no immediate benefits for you as an individual, but the
research will hopefully benefit the community of cyber security professionals
as a whole, through the development of new and usable tools.

- Confidentiality: Your responses will be treated as strictly confidential and
will be stored securely. They will be used for research only and will not be
used for any other purpose. No personal information will appear in any
publications resulting from this study.

- Participation and withdrawal: Your participation in this survey is completely
voluntary and you may also choose to quit at any stage.

- To contact the researcher: If you have questions or concerns about this
research, please contact me (Muhammad.Adnan@gcu.ac.uk) or my Ph.D. supervisor
Dr. Mike Just (Mike.Just@gcu.ac.uk), both at the Interactive and Trustworthy
Technologies research group (http://www.ittgroup.org/), Glasgow Caledonian University,
UK.