Mailing List Archive

Re: FW: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 now
On Aug 6, PJ <briareos@otherlands.net> wrote:
> The point is that you are not legally required to sign or agree with a
> contract that is simply presented in front of you, if you don't agree
> to it, you can negotiate the points in contention, refuse to sign or
> make your own addumenum before presenting it to the other party. Now,
> since you have already paid your money and are not presented with the
> EULA until you start installing, this removes the need to actually
> agree with whatever terms are presented to you after the fact.
All CD's are sealed, and if you open the seal, you agree with the EULA.
Hmmm ... but you can open the CD case on the other side, without breaking
the seal ... Don't know, how that would be regarding laws ... (because it
is easy to do so, you don't even have to break anything, if it is a
standard jewel case)

regards,
Markus Gaugusch
RE: FW: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 now [ In reply to ]
> All CD's are sealed, and if you open the seal, you agree with the
EULA.

Hmmm... My original Win2k came installed on my machine. I don't
remember agreeing to any EULA at that time. Besides, even if I did, it
wasn't the same EULA now being imposed by SP3.
Re: FW: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 now [ In reply to ]
With the ongoing EULA discussions in whith i give ms the right to OWN ME
, MY PC, inpregnate my wife, and contoll my life.

I decided to totaly block ms.. a method not unfamilair to most of you.

to do so.. i did..

$IPTABLES -N banned
$IPTABLES -A banned -p ALL -d 207.46.0.0/16 -j LOG \
--log-level DEBUG --log-prefix "MS NETBLOCK: "
$IPTABLES -A banned -p ALL -d 207.46.0.0/16 -j DROP
$IPTABLES -A banned -p ALL -d 65.54.0.0/16 -j LOG \
--log-level DEBUG --log-prefix "MS NETBLOCK: "
$IPTABLES -A banned -p ALL -d 65.54.0.0/16 -j DROP
$IPTABLES -A banned -j RETURN
$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -j banned
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -j banned
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -j banned

Now i was wondering are there networks/netblocks of MS i forgot ?

Herman.
Re: FW: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 now [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 09:00, Herman wrote:

> Now i was wondering are there networks/netblocks of MS i forgot ?

Many, many netblocks.

anthony@bohr:anthony$ whois -h whois.arin.net Microsoft | wc -l
230

So, you've got a way to go.
Re: FW: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 now [ In reply to ]
At 03:00 PM 07/08/2002 +0200, Herman wrote:

>Now i was wondering are there networks/netblocks of MS i forgot ?

If you really want to do so, telnet to your favorite public
routeserver (e.g. route-server.exodus.net)

show ip bgp regex _806[89]_
show ip bgp regex _807[012345]_

will show you all the prefixes advertised out of their AS as well as
prefixes that transit their AS

Autonomous System Name: MICROSOFT-AS-BLOCK
Autonomous System Block: 8068 - 8075

---Mike
Re: FW: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 now [ In reply to ]