Mailing List Archive

Feeder. Use Example
I was looking at the Forrest Feeder Pluggin (which is at 0.2 -Unreleased?).

The feature sounds very cool... (I cannot say that it looks very cool
because the demo did not work)
Demo Link:
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.feeder/samples/singleFeed.html

CURRENT How to use docs (not clear enough for me.):
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.feeder/changes.html

I would like to know if there is a better example of:
1. HOW TO USE.
2. WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE in forrest.

Very specifically, my goal would be to include an RSS Feed for a
Mantis Bug Track System of all open issues.
I am using Mantis, I think it has RSS (Per the docs, I have not
actually checked)

|                                                    |
| linkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brycealcock   |
| Website:  http://brycealcock.com                   |
| Blog: http://quantprinciple.blogspot.com           |
| twitter: qboiler                                   |
|                                                    |
Re: Feeder. Use Example [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Bryce Alcock <ba.lists@brycealcock.com> wrote:

> I was looking at the Forrest Feeder Pluggin (which is at 0.2 -Unreleased?).
>
> The feature sounds very cool...  (I cannot say that it looks very cool
> because the demo did not work)
> Demo Link:
> http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.feeder/samples/singleFeed.html
>
> CURRENT How to use docs (not clear enough for me.):
> http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.feeder/changes.html
>
> I would like to know if there is a better example of:
> 1.  HOW TO USE.

Maybe look at the source for the demo. It seems as simple as dropping
a "feedDescriptor" file in with your sources. Have you tried that?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.feeder/src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples/

> 2.  WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE in forrest.

Did you follow the links under "Usable Features"? That seems to be a
working example to me:
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.feeder/index.html#Usable+Features

Thanks,
--tim