Mailing List Archive

build fails when I attempt "forrest site" after "forrest seed-business"
Hi,

It appears that the source files necessary to run the command "forrest site"
are not generated properly when I do "forrest seed-business." This is what
the errors look like:

X [0] team/allBySkill.html BROKEN:
/Users/Heather/usg/src/documentation/content/xdocs/team/allBySkill.xml (No
such file or directory)
X [0] team/all.html BROKEN:
/Users/Heather/usg/src/documentation/content/xdocs/team/all.xml (No such
file or directory)

I'm confused why it's looking for files that weren't automatically produced
by "forrest seed-business." Anyone else experience this? I have no problem
with running "forrest site" in a directory populated with "forrest seed."

Obviously I can add the xml files that it is looking for, or modify the
site.xml file so that they aren't needed, but I'm curious why it's behaving
this way...

Other info:
Mac OS 10.5.6
Java 1.5.0_16
Forrest 0.8

Thanks,
Heather
RE: build fails when I attempt "forrest site" after "forrest seed-business" [ In reply to ]
Hi Heather,

Haven't found a cause or anything yet, but am confirming it also happens for
me (in trunk) running forrest seed-business or forrest seedTestBusiness (in
forrrest run or site mode).

So something's missing. Whether it depends on the Resume plug-in that
doesn't work at the moment or something else I don't know, need to
investigate further. Can you open an issue?
(issues.apache.org/jira/browse/forrest)

I noticed on the issue tracker last year someone submitting a minor bug fix
(spelling) so I guess it was working for them at that stage.

Thanks

Gav.

_____