Mailing List Archive

problem with site.xml and tabs.xml: empty menus
Hi,

first of all, sorry for the cross posting. Maybe the dev mailing list
was not the
best choice for this message.

I recently intalled forrest-0.90 from svn and started playing
with it. First I tried the skin approach. After some reading, I decided that
using dispatcher was the way to go so I did. Now I've some problems that
I don't know how to fix.

The first problem is related with site.xml and tabs.xml. When a tab has no
visible content if I click on that tab then it is expanded showing an empty
menu. However the expected behavior should be just select the tab and do not
expand it, simply display the file referenced in the indexfile attribute. This
is in fact what happens using the skin approach.

My site.xml and tabs.xml are:

<tabs software="The Forresters"
title="The Forresters"
copyright="The Apache Software Foundation"
<tab id="home" label="Home" dir="" indexfile="index.html"/>
<tab id="screenshots" label="Screenshots" dir="screenshots"
indexfile="screenshots.html"/>
<tab id="download" label="Download" dir="download"
indexfile="download.html"/>
<tab id="development" label="Development" dir="development"
indexfile="development.html"/>
<tab id="reading" label="Documentation" dir="reading"
indexfile="documentation.html"/>
</tabs>

<site label="The Forresters" href=""
xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab=""
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">

<overview tab="home">
<index href="index.html" description="Overview of the project"/>
</overview>

<screenshots tab="screenshots" href="screenshots/">
<index href="screenshots.html" description="Videos and
Screenshots"/>
</screenshots>

<development tab="development" href="development/">
<index href="development.html" description="Project
development"/>
</development>

<download tab="download" label="Getting the software" href="download/"
description="How to get software packages">
<from_project label="From here" href="download.html"/>
<distros label="From other sources" href="distros/distros.html"/>
</download>

<reading tab="reading" label="Docs" href="reading/"
description="Documentation about the project">
<index label="Index" href="documentation.html"/>
<testimonials label="Testimonials"
href="testimonials/testimonials.html"/>
<faq label="FAQ" href="faq/faq.html"/>
</reading>

</site>

With the above layout, clicking on the tabs labeled as Home, Screenshots and
Development the tab is expanded showing an empty menu.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it a bug? The different behavior of the skin and
the dispatcher approaches make me think that there is a bug somewhere.

Any help will be appreciated.

Vicent

--
Share what you know, learn what you don't.
Re: problem with site.xml and tabs.xml: empty menus [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 06:31:32PM +0100, Vicent Mas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all, sorry for the cross posting. Maybe the dev mailing list
> was not the
> best choice for this message.
>
> I recently intalled forrest-0.90 from svn and started playing
> with it.

No, you were correct. The development version of Forrest must be
discussed on the dev mailing list. Please continue there.

Brian
Re: problem with site.xml and tabs.xml: empty menus [ In reply to ]

Re: problem with site.xml and tabs.xml: empty menus [ In reply to ]
OK. Thanks your answer.

--
Share what you know, learn what you don't.