project logo.
In your default skin (I think pelt was its name) the project logo is
placed on the top right of the page.

Well, I'd like it better if it were left above the menu (the place where
the group logo is placed by default, but I turned this one off).

Is there a way the place the project logo left?

Regards,

David.
Re: Can I place the project logo left? [ In reply to ]
david wrote:

> I'm intending to use forrest to create a website for the program I
> designed.
>
> It all works, but I've a question concerning the placement of the
> project logo.
> In your default skin (I think pelt was its name) the project logo is
> placed on the top right of the page.
>
> Well, I'd like it better if it were left above the menu (the place where
> the group logo is placed by default, but I turned this one off).
>
> Is there a way the place the project logo left?

As far as i remember, not with "skins".

That is the type of issue that led to the ongoing
development of a new facility that we call "Dispatcher".

However that is not a released feature. Hence we don't
discuss that on this "user" mailing list. We invite
people to the "dev" mailing list to discuss its
capabilities.

I can tell you that a number of us use the current
Subversion trunk in production for our sites.
e.g. see some public examples listed at the bottom of
http://forrest.apache.org/live-sites.html#dispatcher

-David
Re: Can I place the project logo left? [ In reply to ]
Hi David,

afaik you can move the logo by adding some additional css in the
extra-css-section of the skinconfig.xml.
This is appended to the end of the Forrest CSS and will override any
settings uses by Forrest.

Regards,
Ferdinand

Re: Can I place the project logo left? [ In reply to ]
Hi.

This was a good idea, it worked for me, thanks.

david.

Re: Can I place the project logo left? [ In reply to ]
Hi David,

David Poetzsch-Heffter schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> This was a good idea, it worked for me, thanks.
>
> david.
You could probably help others by posting the extra-css you added :-)

Regards,
Ferdinand Soethe

---

Fischerzug 3a
21522 Hohnstorf
Germany
ph +4139/696244
mob +1772507870
Tax-ID.: 2326 02613903524
http://soethe.net/ferdinandSoethe.vcf
Re: Can I place the project logo left? [ In reply to ]
Oh, sure, no problem.
I added the following to extra-css:

#top .projectlogoA1 {
float: left;
}

This overwrites the default of the skin (float: right, see screen.css)

Regards,
David.