corrupted and also gives an error "that it is not ending with quote" (In the
corrupted string viewed by Open Source of IE, the end quote is also seems to
be lost).

What is the difference between the processing of the index.xml page, under
Forrest run & Forrest site, which could cause this problem? .. and how can
I overcome it?

Regards
Praveen
Re: Japanese string: Difference between static pages and servlet pages [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 13:23 +0900, Dr. Bhatia Praveen wrote:
> Hi,
> I wrote a Japanese string in index.xml and processed it to .html files in
> the servlet mode ("Forrest run" seen under localhost). The string is showing
> fine.
> However, when I convert it into static site (Forrest site), the string is
> corrupted and also gives an error "that it is not ending with quote"

This error seems to be related with an entity. Not sure about japanese
but I reckon you need send us some more information.

1) We need the source code of the string when requested in servlet
mode.
2) we need the string in the xml file.

In general my guess is encoding problems.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java consulting, training and solutions