Is there a better neater solution to include <script language="JavaScript">
..... </script> in the final html page generated?

Praveen
Re: Want to use javascript <script> in generated html pages [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 00:24 +0900, Dr. Bhatia Praveen wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to embed javascript code in the final html pages generated by
> forrest ie it should have
> <script language="JavaScript"> ..... </script>
>
> when I run it in jetty mode it works fine in the displayed html page.
> However, when I try to get a static site in stops because it cannot be
> validated and is hence not a valid doc type.
> To overcome this problem, I stopped validation of xdocs files, which
> works.
> Is there a better neater solution to include <script
> language="JavaScript"> ..... </script> in the final html page
> generated?

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@forrest.apache.org/msg00993.html

HTH

--
Thorsten Scherler thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java consulting, training and solutions
RE: Want to use javascript <script> in generated html pages [ In reply to ]
Hi Thorsten,
The link that you have given is not a valid link (the html page is
missing.) Please direct me to the right link.

Re: Want to use javascript <script> in generated html pages [ In reply to ]
The link works fine for me - it's to an archived email exchange
addressing your issue. Here's the markmail version:

http://markmail.org/message/x6mgagystmh3rlvq

--tim

Re: Want to use javascript <script> in generated html pages [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 08:11 -0400, Tim Williams wrote:
> The link works fine for me - it's to an archived email exchange
> addressing your issue. Here's the markmail version:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/x6mgagystmh3rlvq

Like Tim pointed out there are a lot discussion about this issue in the
archive. Bottom line is that the easiest way would be the dispatcher
however since it is still in the whiteboard we do not recommend the
usage, leaving you with creating your own skin where you add the jscript
functionality.

salu2

RE: Want to use javascript <script> in generated html pages [ In reply to ]
Thanks. This link worked and seems to address the problem.