the i18n tags used there are not declared in the xdocs dtd.

Thanks in advance

Thomas
Need help with I18N [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I am trying to create a dual-language project. Although the test project
shows that I18N works in my environment (WinXP, Java 1.5, language "de")
I cannot make it work in my own project. I matched a tab entry in the
translations/tabs.xml , translations/tabs_de.xml , and xdocs/tabs.xml
but a "forrest run" still displays the English text of the
xdocs/tabs.xml instead of the expected entry of translations/tabs_de.xml .
One other thing: How do I provide translations for the main content
itself? The documentation vaguely points to the cocoon transformer but

Re: Need help with I18N [ In reply to ]
Thomas Witteriede schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a dual-language project. Although the test project
> shows that I18N works in my environment (WinXP, Java 1.5, language "de")
> I cannot make it work in my own project. I matched a tab entry in the
> translations/tabs.xml , translations/tabs_de.xml , and xdocs/tabs.xml
> but a "forrest run" still displays the English text of the
> xdocs/tabs.xml instead of the expected entry of translations/tabs_de.xml .
> One other thing: How do I provide translations for the main content
> itself? The documentation vaguely points to the cocoon transformer but
> the i18n tags used there are not declared in the xdocs dtd.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Thomas

Somehow I must have missed it in the documentation: Providing a *.??.xml
where ?? is replaced by the appropriate language marker (e.g. "en" or
"de") does the trick for regular content.
Still, the tabs translation via i18n does not work as it should. Any ideas?

Thomas
Re: Need help with I18N [ In reply to ]
Thomas Witteriede schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a dual-language project. Although the test project
> shows that I18N works in my environment (WinXP, Java 1.5, language "de")
> I cannot make it work in my own project. I matched a tab entry in the
> translations/tabs.xml , translations/tabs_de.xml , and xdocs/tabs.xml
> but a "forrest run" still displays the English text of the
> xdocs/tabs.xml instead of the expected entry of translations/tabs_de.xml .
> One other thing: How do I provide translations for the main content
> itself? The documentation vaguely points to the cocoon transformer but
> the i18n tags used there are not declared in the xdocs dtd.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Thomas

Somehow I must have missed it in the documentation: Providing a *.??.xml
in the xdocs directory tree where ?? is replaced by the appropriate

Re: Need help with I18N [ In reply to ]
Thomas Witteriede schrieb:
> Thomas Witteriede schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to create a dual-language project. Although the test project
>> shows that I18N works in my environment (WinXP, Java 1.5, language "de")
>> I cannot make it work in my own project. I matched a tab entry in the
>> translations/tabs.xml , translations/tabs_de.xml , and xdocs/tabs.xml
>> but a "forrest run" still displays the English text of the
>> xdocs/tabs.xml instead of the expected entry of
>> translations/tabs_de.xml .
>> One other thing: How do I provide translations for the main content
>> itself? The documentation vaguely points to the cocoon transformer but
>> the i18n tags used there are not declared in the xdocs dtd.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> Somehow I must have missed it in the documentation: Providing a
> *.??.xml in the xdocs directory tree where ?? is replaced by the
> appropriate language marker (e.g. "en" or "de") does the trick for
> regular content.
> Still, the tabs translation via i18n does not work as it should. Any
> ideas?
>
> Thomas

I was too dumb! The path to the translations directory in the
forrest.properties of my project was active instead of a comment. When
reverted to a comment all is fine. Remaining question: Why is the line
#project.translations-dir=${project.content-dir}/translations
wrong/incompatible to the structure generated by seed ?

Thomas