I got two questions:

1) Is there a recommended way for integrating javascript with forrest. I
know that I can insert <script> tags and that they get interpreted. But
I'm not happy with the fact that the document is no longer valid then.

2) Is it possible to "merge" other namespaces into a document V2.0
namespace?

Many thanks in advance & cheers
Dieter
Re: Integrating Javascript / Namespaces [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 16:41 +0100, Dieter Schicker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got two questions:
>
> 1) Is there a recommended way for integrating javascript with forrest. I
> know that I can insert <script> tags and that they get interpreted. But
> I'm not happy with the fact that the document is no longer valid then.

The "normal" way to integrate jscript into forrest would be via a custom
skin since the script tags makes only sense in html. However, this is
quite cumbersome.

There is the dispatcher in the whiteboard that solves this problem very
nice since you add this script tags to the final output via a custom
contract. However details about the dispatcher we will answer on the dev
list.

> 2) Is it possible to "merge" other namespaces into a document V2.0
> namespace?

You can define your own dtd, yes that is possible.

You can as well provide your own implementation via the locationmap:
<!-- ================================== -->
<!-- Forrest files -->
<!-- ================================== -->
<match pattern="forrest.schema.document-v20">
<location src="{YOUR_LOCATION}/document-v20.dtd" />
</match>

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java consulting, training and solutions
Re: Integrating Javascript / Namespaces [ In reply to ]
Thanks a lot for your valuable answers!

> There is the dispatcher in the whiteboard that solves this problem very
> nice since you add this script tags to the final output via a custom
> contract. However details about the dispatcher we will answer on the dev
> list.

Is there some information/documentation out there about this issue?

TIA
Dilino
Re: Integrating Javascript / Namespaces [ In reply to ]
Dieter Schicker wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your valuable answers!
>
> > There is the dispatcher in the whiteboard that solves this problem very
> > nice since you add this script tags to the final output via a custom
> > contract. However details about the dispatcher we will answer on the dev
> > list.
>
> Is there some information/documentation out there about this issue?

Each of Forrest's plugins are described here:
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/

Follow the links to each plugin's documentation website.

As already mentioned, we can only discuss stuff that is
in development on the dev mail list.

-David