xsp & esql in forrest
Hello,

I'm new on this list and a forrest newbie so please forgive me if this
has been already asked.

Is there some good information out there on howto enable xsp and esql in
forrest? Could not find reliable infos by googling.

TIA & Cheers
Dieter
Re: xsp & esql in forrest (partly solved) [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I can now answer one of my questions: ;-)

I got xsp working in forrest 0.9-dev - like always when you found out
how it works, it's easy:

Steps:
1) Add a serverpages generator to <map:components> in sitemap.xmap:

<map:generators>
<map:generator name="serverpages"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"
label="content"/>
</map:generators>

2) Add a matcher to sitemap.xmap:

<map:match pattern="**.xsp">
<map:generate type="serverpages"
src="{properties:content.xdocs}{1}.xsp" />
<map:serialize type="xml"/>

Now if you create a *.xsp page and let the serializer produce xml, you
can (hopefully) see that it works.

Cheers
Dieter

RE: xsp & esql in forrest (partly solved) [ In reply to ]
Thanks Dieter for your info, and well worked out.
This may warrant a spot in our docs somewhere - I'll take a look and see
where it might fit.

Gav...

RE: xsp & esql in forrest (partly solved) [ In reply to ]
Thanks! The esql question still stays. Of course there are other ways
(JDBC, Hibernate, ...) to do it, but IMHO for small and easy database
applications esql is quite useful.

Cheers
Dieter

Re: xsp & esql in forrest (partly solved) [ In reply to ]
On 15/11/2007, Gav.... <brightoncomputers@brightontown.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks Dieter for your info, and well worked out.
> This may warrant a spot in our docs somewhere - I'll take a look and see
> where it might fit.

It's allready there: http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/faq.html#xsp

Ross
Re: xsp & esql in forrest (partly solved) [ In reply to ]
On 15/11/2007, Dieter Schicker <dilino@mur.at> wrote:
> Thanks! The esql question still stays. Of course there are other ways
> (JDBC, Hibernate, ...) to do it, but IMHO for small and easy database
> applications esql is quite useful.

Untested but... Yahoo points at

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/userdocs/xsp/esql.html

tells you how to enable esql once XSP is enabled. You'll find the xconf file at

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/WEB-INF/

Ross
Re: xsp & esql in forrest (partly solved) [ In reply to ]
<quote who="Ross Gardler">
> On 15/11/2007, Gav.... <brightoncomputers@brightontown.com.au> wrote:
>> Thanks Dieter for your info, and well worked out.
>> This may warrant a spot in our docs somewhere - I'll take a look and see
>> where it might fit.
>
> It's allready there: http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/faq.html#xsp
>
> Ross

Thanks, I thought I saw something about it somewhere.

--
Gav...
Re: xsp & esql in forrest (partly solved) [ In reply to ]
Thanks to all for your help. Maybe someone could also update the link to
the jdtcore-*.jar files. It doesn't work anymore.

Cheers
Dieter