Mailing List Archive

integrate authentication-fw in forrest 0.8
lo,

is there any working solution for integrating cocoon blocks (esp.
authentication-fw, session, databases) into forrest 0.8 by now?

I found an example for forrest 0.6 on the net @
http://www.batlin.com/forrest/blocks.html and an older wiki entry @
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/AddingCocoonBlocksToForrest, but these
solutions do not seem to work for me.

Furthermore i found some interesting discussions on the mailing lists
about integrating cocoon blocks by forrest plugins, but no lead to any
results...

The Problem i ran into following the suggestions from
http://www.batlin.com/ is, that building the authentication-fw and
session block in cocoon (2.1.7), also seems to change the
cocoon-2.1.7.jar itself.

Without adding the cocoon-2.1.7.jar to forrest i get errors like:
SCHWERWIEGEND: Errors during initializing Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev :
Unknown component type 'session-manager' at
file:/C:/apache-tomcat-6.0.10/webapps/enter/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf:848:51
(i added things to the forrest-core.xconf)

And then by adding the cocoon-2.1.7.jar to forrest i get the following
error:
SCHWERWIEGEND: Servlet /enter threw load() exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Lorg/apache/excalibur/instrument/manager/DefaultInstrumentManager;

I run this forrest project as webapp => these failures show up in
tomcats localhost.log

Any thoughts?

thx
llamar
Re: integrate authentication-fw in forrest 0.8 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 09:14 +0100, llamar burgess wrote:
> lo,
>
> is there any working solution for integrating cocoon blocks (esp.
> authentication-fw, session, databases) into forrest 0.8 by now?
>
> I found an example for forrest 0.6 on the net @
> http://www.batlin.com/forrest/blocks.html and an older wiki entry @
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/AddingCocoonBlocksToForrest, but these
> solutions do not seem to work for me.
>
> Furthermore i found some interesting discussions on the mailing lists
> about integrating cocoon blocks by forrest plugins, but no lead to any
> results...
>
> The Problem i ran into following the suggestions from
> http://www.batlin.com/ is, that building the authentication-fw and
> session block in cocoon (2.1.7), also seems to change the
> cocoon-2.1.7.jar itself.

Forrest is using a certain revision of Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev. We need
to update our cocoon revision to the current trunk of cocoon but nobody
took the time till now.

> Without adding the cocoon-2.1.7.jar to forrest i get errors like:
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Errors during initializing Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev :
> Unknown component type 'session-manager' at
> file:/C:/apache-tomcat-6.0.10/webapps/enter/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf:848:51
> (i added things to the forrest-core.xconf)
>
> And then by adding the cocoon-2.1.7.jar to forrest i get the following
> error:
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Servlet /enter threw load() exception
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> Lorg/apache/excalibur/instrument/manager/DefaultInstrumentManager;
>
> I run this forrest project as webapp => these failures show up in
> tomcats localhost.log
>
> Any thoughts?

Yes, you need to compile cocoon-2.2.0-dev and use the outcoming jar for
forrest. Like said we are ATM very outdated regarding the revision and
it seems nobody has time to try an update.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java consulting, training and solutions
Re: integrate authentication-fw in forrest 0.8 [ In reply to ]
On 26/06/07, Thorsten Scherler
<thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 09:14 +0100, llamar burgess wrote:
> > lo,
> >
> > is there any working solution for integrating cocoon blocks (esp.
> > authentication-fw, session, databases) into forrest 0.8 by now?
> >
> > I found an example for forrest 0.6 on the net @
> > http://www.batlin.com/forrest/blocks.html and an older wiki entry @
> > http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/AddingCocoonBlocksToForrest, but these
> > solutions do not seem to work for me.
> >
> > Furthermore i found some interesting discussions on the mailing lists
> > about integrating cocoon blocks by forrest plugins, but no lead to any
> > results...
> >
> > The Problem i ran into following the suggestions from
> > http://www.batlin.com/ is, that building the authentication-fw and
> > session block in cocoon (2.1.7), also seems to change the
> > cocoon-2.1.7.jar itself.
> >

> Forrest is using a certain revision of Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev. We need
> to update our cocoon revision to the current trunk of cocoon but nobody
> took the time till now.

I thought current Cocoon trunk had removed the CLI and so we can't
update. Is my memory faulty again?

Ross
Re: integrate authentication-fw in forrest 0.8 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 08:56 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 26/06/07, Thorsten Scherler
> <thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 09:14 +0100, llamar burgess wrote:
> > > lo,
> > >
> > > is there any working solution for integrating cocoon blocks (esp.
> > > authentication-fw, session, databases) into forrest 0.8 by now?
> > >
> > > I found an example for forrest 0.6 on the net @
> > > http://www.batlin.com/forrest/blocks.html and an older wiki entry @
> > > http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/AddingCocoonBlocksToForrest, but these
> > > solutions do not seem to work for me.
> > >
> > > Furthermore i found some interesting discussions on the mailing lists
> > > about integrating cocoon blocks by forrest plugins, but no lead to any
> > > results...
> > >
> > > The Problem i ran into following the suggestions from
> > > http://www.batlin.com/ is, that building the authentication-fw and
> > > session block in cocoon (2.1.7), also seems to change the
> > > cocoon-2.1.7.jar itself.
> > >

> > Forrest is using a certain revision of Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev. We need
> > to update our cocoon revision to the current trunk of cocoon but nobody
> > took the time till now.
>
> I thought current Cocoon trunk had removed the CLI and so we can't
> update. Is my memory faulty again?

Nupp, you are right that they have removed the CLI. Anyway we can update
but need to implement a CLI or a crawler. I once hacked a apache droids,
which needs some small enhancements but it could be used as CLI
replacement.

I do not ATM have any time to do an update of cocoon but if someone
would do it I volunteer to make droids ready.

salu2
Re: integrate authentication-fw in forrest 0.8 [ In reply to ]
Lo,

thank you for your answers.
I hate to bother you with this, but now i´m facing problems to round up
cocoon-2.2.0-dev :(

According to http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html#cocoon
forrest is now "...using their SVN r351990 on 2005-12-08..." of
cocoon/trunk.

So i tried to check out revision 351990 of cocoon/trunk, which works
fine for the basic components,
but as far as i can tell, there´re problems checking out external
targets i.e.
Error URL: 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks' doesn´t exist

That said, my new question is how to gather a functional copy of
cocoon-2.2.0-dev in a revision that also suits forrest.
(One might add that i´m not tooo common with svn by now, but this can´t
be that hard, right? :))

thx
llamar

Re: integrate authentication-fw in forrest 0.8 [ In reply to ]
kraftfeld wrote:
> Lo,
>
> thank you for your answers.
> I hate to bother you with this, but now i??m facing problems to round up
> cocoon-2.2.0-dev :(

Please do follow-up discussion on the Forrest dev mail list.
This will go way beyond simple user issues, so is more
appropriate on the other list.

> According to http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html#cocoon
> forrest is now "...using their SVN r351990 on 2005-12-08..." of
> cocoon/trunk.
>
> So i tried to check out revision 351990 of cocoon/trunk, which works
> fine for the basic components,
> but as far as i can tell, there??re problems checking out external
> targets i.e.
> Error URL: 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks' doesn??t exist

Oh drat. At one stage they used "svn externals" for some
blocks to share them with Cocoon 2.1 branch. I wonder if
that is the problem.

> That said, my new question is how to gather a functional copy of
> cocoon-2.2.0-dev in a revision that also suits forrest.

I don't know the answer to that sorry. Lets talk on the
dev list and see what we can do.

-David