Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
http://howardlewisship.com
Re: Use of anchors with site: links [ In reply to ]
Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> I've attempted to create links of the form:
>
> <link href="site:rules#Translators">translator</link>
>
> But got the error
>
> [java] X [0] descriptor.html BROKEN: Invalid XPath:
> '/site//rules#Translators/@href'. Invalid symbol '#' after: '/site//rules'
>
> I feel this is a bug in Forrest ... it should allow and honor the anchor reference, or provide
> another attribute on the <link> element for this purpose. Am I missing something?

It is certainly a needed enhancement. Would you be able to
add it as a Jira issue.

For now the workaround it to define these explicitly in
site.xml and use them as site:rules/Translators

--David
RE: Use of anchors with site: links [ In reply to ]
I'll get it into Jira shortly.

My workaround was to use href="rules.html#Translators", which is fine (my document tree is stable
and relatively flat).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: Use of anchors with site: links [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 26 May 2004, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:

> I've attempted to create links of the form:
>
> <link href="site:rules#Translators">translator</link>
>
> But got the error
>
> [java] X [0] descriptor.html BROKEN: Invalid XPath:
> '/site//rules#Translators/@href'. Invalid symbol '#' after: '/site//rules'
>
> I feel this is a bug in Forrest ... it should allow and honor the anchor reference, or provide
> another attribute on the <link> element for this purpose. Am I missing something?

While not as elegant, you can still achieve the same effect with this
(taken from forrest's own site.xml):

<site label="Forrest" href=""
xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="home">

<about label="About">
<index label="Index" href="index.html"/>
<license label="License" href="license.html"/>
<download label="Download"
href="http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xml/forrest/"/>
<who label="Who we are" href="who.html"/>
<faq label="FAQs" href="faq.html">
<docbook href="#docbook"/>
<ignoring_javadocs href="#ignoring_javadocs"/>
<link_raw href="#link_raw"/>
<pdf_images href="#pdf_images"/>
</faq>
</about>
</site>

Then you can do something like:
<link href="site:faq/link_raw">raw files</link>

I think it putting it as another attribute would be a nice feature,
though.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal