Mailing List Archive

managing dependencies
On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 04:44:52PM +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> We are going to have the continued problem of management
> of dependencies and supporting products.
>
> There is the new project "EasyAnt" coming through the
> Apache Incubator.

I've joined their dev list and I'm experimenting with the product,
with some success.

I see that Cocoon 2.1.11 and blocks are available in Maven
repositories and thus accessible to Ivy / EasyAnt. Is stepping back to
that version from 2.1.12-dev an acceptable approach if it means a
dependency management tool could be used? Thoughts?

-Brian
Re: managing dependencies [ In reply to ]
Brian M Dube wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > We are going to have the continued problem of management
> > of dependencies and supporting products.
> >
> > There is the new project "EasyAnt" coming through the
> > Apache Incubator.
>
> I've joined their dev list and I'm experimenting with the product,
> with some success.
>
> I see that Cocoon 2.1.11 and blocks are available in Maven
> repositories and thus accessible to Ivy / EasyAnt. Is stepping back to
> that version from 2.1.12-dev an acceptable approach if it means a
> dependency management tool could be used? Thoughts?

I reckon so. Going by my hazy memory, our current Forrest
does not need Cocoon-2.1.12 version. There is some potential
upgrade to FOP block there, but not yet in SVN.

We could also assist Cocoon to release 2.1.12

-David