Mailing List Archive

Berkeley DB error
Hi list,

the last 4 days I found the following error in the mainlog of my exim-4.32
installation:

Berkeley DB error: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

I can't remember that I have changed something on my server last 4 days.
Any mail will be delivered and it seems that no problem occurs, but the
log growes with logging this errorline all 10 seconds.

--
kind regards,

Jens Strohschnitter

LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX

Set the controls
for the heart of the sun

LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX

Raiffeisen Waren-Zentrale Rhein-Main eG
50668 Koeln, Altenberger Str. 1a

Tel: 0221/1638-0
Fax: 0221/1638-254

Sitz: Koeln

Amtsgericht Koeln, GnR 728

Geschaeftsfuehrender Vorstand:
Hans-Josef Hilgers (Sprecher)
Markus Stuettgen
Dr. Karl-Heinrich Suemmermann

Vorstand:
Friedhelm Decker (Vorsitzender)
Ingo Steitz

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates:
Peter Bleser (MdB)

St.Nr.: 215/5938/0152

Bankverbindung:
WGZ Bank AG, Duesseldorf
(BLZ 300 600 10) Konto-Nr.: 300 011

Re: Berkeley DB error [ In reply to ]
Jens Strohschnitter wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> the last 4 days I found the following error in the mainlog of my exim-4.32
> installation:
>
> Berkeley DB error: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
>
> I can't remember that I have changed something on my server last 4 days.
> Any mail will be delivered and it seems that no problem occurs, but the
> log growes with logging this errorline all 10 seconds.

I suspect it might be failing under the sheer weight of your .sig file.

- Marc

Re: Berkeley DB error [ In reply to ]
> I suspect it might be failing under the sheer weight of your .sig file.

Grabbing mop. C&C next time please :-)

Yuk - I hate wet kb's.

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965
Re: Berkeley DB error [ In reply to ]

> the last 4 days I found the following error in the mainlog of
> my exim-4.32
> installation:
>
> Berkeley DB error: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

A Berkeley DB is probably corrupt. Do the logs give any information about which one it might be ? Do
you use Berkely DBs for any lookups ? If not, it's probably one of the retry time DBs (they can be
found in /var/spool/exim/db if I remember the defaults correctly). You could just delete them, Exim
should recreate them and all you'll lose is the existing retry data.

Re: Berkeley DB error [ In reply to ]
> > the last 4 days I found the following error in the mainlog of
> > my exim-4.32
> > installation:
> >
> > Berkeley DB error: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
> >

> A Berkeley DB is probably corrupt. Do the logs give any information about which one it might be ? Do
> you use Berkely DBs for any lookups ? If not, it's probably one of the retry time DBs (they can be
> found in /var/spool/exim/db if I remember the defaults correctly). You could just delete them, Exim
> should recreate them and all you'll lose is the existing retry data.

Ok, I have removed all data frm /var/spool/exim/db/* and after reloading exim the message
does not appear anyway in the logs. Thanx fpr help!

Re: Berkeley DB error [ In reply to ]