Thanks again for all the help

Cheers,
Flemming
Re: SV: I can't get MYSQL to work with Exim 4.05 <- It's Working !!!!! [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Flemming Christensen wrote:

> But can someone tell me why ">exim -d -v postmaster@local.domain"
always deliver the mail to the mailaddress specified after "-v" ?

Because that's what that command line is specifying. In fact -v is
redundant if you specify -d because -d includes -v.

Try -bv or -bt for testing.

--
Philip Hazel University of Cambridge Computing Service,
ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.
SV: SV: I can't get MYSQL to work with Exim 4.05 <- It's Working !!!!! [ In reply to ]
My users still need to have a Unix account because I havent' found a way to configure my pop3 and imap service to use mysql to authorize the user.

My mysql table:
CREATE TABLE user (
id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
userid varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
mailaddress varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
mailboxpath varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
homedir varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
externalmail tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
fullname varchar(60) NOT NULL default '',
password varchar(16) binary default NULL,
shadowpassword varchar(15) default NULL,
domain varchar(60) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY (id),
KEY userid (userid,mailaddress),
KEY domain (domain)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

here are the relevant mysql parts

---------------------

MYSQL_AUTHSERVER=localhost
MYSQL_AUTHPORT=3306
MYSQL_AUTHDB=exim
MYSQL_AUTHTABLE=user
MYSQL_AUTHUSER=root
MYSQL_AUTHPASSWORD=secret

MYSQL_DOMAIN = SELECT domain from user where mailaddress = '${quote_mysql:$local_part@$domain}'
MYSQL_MAILBOX = SELECT mailboxpath from user where mailaddress = '${quote_mysql:$local_part@$domain}'
MYSQL_USER = SELECT userid from user where mailaddress = '${quote_mysql:$local_part@$domain}'

mysql_servers = MYSQL_AUTHSERVER/MYSQL_AUTHDB/MYSQL_AUTHUSER/MYSQL_AUTHPASSWORD

begin acl

begin routers

virtual_local_user:
driver = accept
domains = ${lookup mysql {MYSQL_DOMAIN}{$value}}
condition = ${lookup mysql {MYSQL_USER}{$value}}
transport = virtual_delivery

# This router matches local user mailboxes.

localuser:
driver = accept
check_local_user
transport = local_delivery

begin transports

virtual_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = ${lookup mysql {MYSQL_MAILBOX}{$value}}
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
user = mail