Mailing List Archive

Virtual Domains split with SMTP forward
Help ?! :)

Current scenario.
I am using exim 3.33 to provide virtual domains in a small ISP environment
using the following director :-

:-
virtual:
driver = aliasfile
domains = /etc/exim/domainlist
no_more
file = /etc/exim/aliases/$domain
search_type = lsearch*
:-

/etc/exim/domainlist simply contains a list of domains &
/etc/exim/aliases/$domain is an aliases style file containing

:-
root: dougmbox@localhost
doug: dougmbox@localhost
*: defaultmbox@localhost
:-

the last line being a catch all to drop any unknown addresses to a
default user.

I now have the scenario where, rather than dropping unknown addresses into
a default mailbox I need to redirect these (keeping the localpart the
same) to a different address to be redirected to a different SMTP server.

Is it possible to build an address rewrite into the above so when
joe.bloggs@someone.com fails to match the list in
/etc/exim/aliases/someone.com it is rewritten to joe.bloggs@newaddress.com

It would be useful if this could be handled using the current aliasesfile
handling of virtual domains.

Help! :) - I am currently RTFMing furiously at this but getting more &
more out to sea!

Regards.
Doug.