Mailing List Archive

Command line config changes?
I would like to make some configuration changes to Exim, but my leased dedicated server has CPanel installed and it evidently prevents the use of eximon.

I want to limit undeliverables to only two tries, and I want to activate "split-spool".

Any suggestions? I have never configured Exim before, with or without eximon.

Thanks, Mike
--
Re: Command line config changes? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Admin - SafelistSmart wrote:

> I would like to make some configuration changes to Exim, but my leased dedicated server has CPanel installed and it evidently prevents the use of eximon.
>
> I want to limit undeliverables to only two tries, and I want to activate "split-spool".
>
> Any suggestions? I have never configured Exim before, with or without eximon.

A. eximon is not an exim configuration tool.

B. Use a text editor to edit the exim configuration file directly. If
some clicky-pointy-gui tool is regenerating it, disable that concept.
The exact location of the exim config file is site-specific, so I
cant tell you where it is. I use /etc/exim/config, sometimes its in
/usr/exim/configure, FreeBSD puts it in /usr/local/etc/exim/configure

C. If you need to figure out wht to modify in the config file, read the
Exim Specification and/or FAQ at www.exim.org.