to share?

All the best,
Antony Carr
Re: working on headers [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Antony Carr wrote:

> I wonder if anyone on this list can give me a little bit of advice. Is it
> possible (using exim 3.33) to (using a director) examine the headers of an
> email recieved, and depending on a specific header / patern being found apply
> one of two transports?
>
> I would need to pass (presumably using a transport) some mails (with the above
> metioned header) on to another mail server (that is not a listed mx). any
> ideas for this too?

probably you're looking for something like this:

xxx:
driver = smartuser
condidion = ${if def:h_Foo {yes}{no}}
new_address = my_transport

i'm not quite sure whether it's h_Foo or h_Foo: or whether it's
case-sensitive or not, but you get the idea.

--
[-]
Re: working on headers [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> probably you're looking for something like this:
>
> xxx:
> driver = smartuser
> condidion = ${if def:h_Foo {yes}{no}}
> new_address = my_transport

Indeed, though I think you meant "transport" rather than "new_address",
didn't you?

> i'm not quite sure whether it's h_Foo or h_Foo: or whether it's
> case-sensitive or not, but you get the idea.

You should get into the habit of using h_foo: just in case there isn't
white space after. It's not cas-sensitive.

Another approach is to note that "transport" is expanded. So you can
have

transport = ${if def:h_foo: {transport1}{transport2}}

on any router (or director for Exim 3).

--
Philip Hazel University of Cambridge Computing Service,
ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.
Re: working on headers [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > xxx:
> > driver = smartuser
> > condidion = ${if def:h_Foo {yes}{no}}
> > new_address = my_transport
>
> Indeed, though I think you meant "transport" rather than "new_address",
> didn't you?

probably ;0

i could have sworn i've been using "new_address =" to change
transports... needless to say i can't find a single instance of it
in my configs... brain.gone.holidays...

--
[-]
Re: working on headers [ In reply to ]
Thanks for that, got most of the way there now. Any ideas how i can transfer
an email from mail server A (where *some* incoming mail goes to) to mail
server B. Mail server B is not an MX for any domain. any ideas?

cheers
Antony
Re: working on headers [ In reply to ]
--
On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 08:56:17AM +0100, Antony Carr wrote:
| Thanks for that, got most of the way there now. Any ideas how i can transfer
| an email from mail server A (where *some* incoming mail goes to) to mail
| server B. Mail server B is not an MX for any domain. any ideas?

Use a 'manualroute' router.

-D

--
[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp: a billion different
sublanguages in one monolithic executable.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/
Re: Re: working on headers [ In reply to ]
> Use a 'manualroute' router.

Unfortunatly I am stuck with using exim 3.3x, any ideas for this version?

Ta, Antony
Re: working on headers [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Antony Carr wrote:

> Thanks for that, got most of the way there now. Any ideas how i can transfer
> an email from mail server A (where *some* incoming mail goes to) to mail
> server B. Mail server B is not an MX for any domain. any ideas?

exim3, use a domainlist router

exim4, use a manualroute router