Mailing List Archive

Re: LDAP lookup error
(On the subject of LDAP queries failing because delivery processes
unbind their parent's LDAP connection.)

* Philip Hazel
> The fix for 4.02 was to insert a call to search_tidyup() before the
> fork, so that each subprocess starts off without copying the cache state
> of the parent.

I just had this bite me with 3.35. Is a solution to this going to be
backported to Exim 3? If it's not, I'll tell My Favourite Vendor to
patch the Exim 3 they ship.

(As an aside, I patched Exim to include the pid of the "owning"
process in the cache state, which seems to work for me.)

Arne.
Re: LDAP lookup error [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Arne Georg Gleditsch wrote:

> I just had this bite me with 3.35. Is a solution to this going to be
> backported to Exim 3? If it's not, I'll tell My Favourite Vendor to
> patch the Exim 3 they ship.

I'm trying very hard not to touch Exim 3. So go ahead and talk to your
FV.

--
Philip Hazel University of Cambridge Computing Service,
ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.