something really obvious, or is exim ? ;-) I'm using version 4.00.

TIA
Rich
Re: "exim -bh" and "require verify = sender" don't play nice together?? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Richard Gration wrote:

> Why can't exim verify a local mail address when run in test mode? Am I missing
> something really obvious, or is exim ? ;-) I'm using version 4.00.

Run your test with -d as well as -bh. Then you'll get more debugging
output. If you can't interpret it, post it (or at least the parts you
think are relevant).

--
Philip Hazel University of Cambridge Computing Service,
ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.
Re: "exim -bh" and "require verify = sender" don't play nice together?? [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 21 Jul 2002 9:14 pm, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Richard Gration wrote:
> > Why can't exim verify a local mail address when run in test mode? Am I
> > missing something really obvious, or is exim ? ;-) I'm using version
> > 4.00.
>
> Run your test with -d as well as -bh. Then you'll get more debugging
> output. If you can't interpret it, post it (or at least the parts you
> think are relevant).

Thanks for the reply. At the time this was happening, I was trying to
implement vacation message processing, using the example in the FAQ, Q0417.
However, something I did must have borked the config file. I later came
across C0006 which has done the trick. Thanks again.

Rick