Is there a specific solution for exim...

Thank's a lot and have a good day.

E.Bullier
Re: first contact... [ In reply to ]
Cellule Internet EAI wrote:
> Hi!
<skipped question one because it's been answered already>

> 2. I would like to propose my user to see mails with a webmail. This
> solution need's an IMAP server.
> Is it exim compatible?
> Is there a specific solution for exim...

Exim can write messages to several mail formats, including mbox and
maildir.

<off-topic beyond here, but perhaps of interest>

An imap server is a separate server, usually called imapd. I personally
like courier-imap (with sqwebmail as a webmail server). It requires that
you compile exim with maildir support.

sqwebmail is really nice, as it talks directly to the maildir folders,
using the same libs as the imap server, so it's not an imap client per se.

courier-imap is super-fast and lightweight, and secure. Both can be
found at http://www.courier-mta.org/

-g

--
Glen Mehn
glen at burningman dot com at zerowaitstate dot com at doofdoof dot com