Logging to a SQL database
I'm currently looking at doing some logging to a SQL database so Exim
can interface with a billing engine.

Has anyone done anything like this, or am I going to be using Exim's
syslog facility with syslog-ng and a filter?

--
David Jericho
Senior Systems Administrator, Bytecomm Pty Ltd
Re: Logging to a SQL database [ In reply to ]
Hallo David Jericho,

In message "[Exim] Logging to a SQL database"
on 16.07.2002, David Jericho <david.jericho@bytecomm.com.au> writes:

DJ> I'm currently looking at doing some logging to a SQL database so Exim
DJ> can interface with a billing engine.

DJ> Has anyone done anything like this, or am I going to be using Exim's
DJ> syslog facility with syslog-ng and a filter?

#! /usr/bin/env ruby

require 'dbi'

dbh = DBI.connect( 'DBI:Mysql:dbname', 'username', 'password' )
insertSQL = "Insert into syslog ( slg_text ) Values ( ? )"
stm = dbh.prepare( insertSQL )

while gets
puts $_
stm.execute( $_ )

It'll be pipped via syslogd.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Wild Karl-Heinz
Re: Logging to a SQL database [ In reply to ]
hi,

nice idea, i like to try it out, but... what to do with these few lines?
where should i save them? and what to do with it?

greetings :)
volker

Re: Logging to a SQL database [ In reply to ]