Hello,
I am running Exim 3.35 with the vmail-sql Mysql backend for authentication and popb4smtp auth.
I installed exiscan/mcafee last weekend and was able to get it to scan and block outgoing emails with viruses, but it does nothing to incoming emails.
I tried to email the author but did not receive a reply.

Is this by design or doI have something misconfigured?

Thanks
Chris Douglas
--
Re: Exiscan not scanning incoming mail [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Chris Douglas wrote:

> Hello,
> I am running Exim 3.35 with the vmail-sql Mysql backend for authentication and popb4smtp auth.
> I installed exiscan/mcafee last weekend and was able to get it to scan and block outgoing emails with viruses, but it does nothing to incoming emails.
> I tried to email the author but did not receive a reply.
>
> Is this by design or doI have something misconfigured?

Exim v3 + Exiscan/Mcafee should scan incoming emails as well as outgoing.
You did disable your exim queue runner (exim -bd instead of exim -bd -qtime)
and set
queue_only = true
(and 'kill -HUP' exim) didn't you ?
If not exim will deliver the mail before the exiscan daemon gets
to check it.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@dpmms.cam.ac.uk http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna