domainliust router, with some sane defaults predefined in the
conffile).

quick scam through spec didn't reveal an answer. Philip, maybe it
would be a good idea to add a sentence about this issue (even if only
to v4's doc :)

thanks,

--
[-]
Re: macro definition priority [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> (talking exim 3). if i define a macro in the conf file, and also
> define it on the command line when calling exim, which definition will
> be used ? (my goal is to provide a changeable hostlist to a
> domainliust router, with some sane defaults predefined in the
> conffile).
>
> quick scam through spec didn't reveal an answer. Philip, maybe it
> would be a good idea to add a sentence about this issue (even if only
> to v4's doc :)

From the v3 doc:

-D<macro>=<value>
This option can be used to override macro definitions in the configur-
ation file (see section 7.2). However, like -C, if it is used by an
unprivileged caller, it causes Exim to give up its root privilege. This
option may be repeated up to 10 times on a command line.

The V4 doc has the same wording.

Both docs also say, in the chapter on the config file,

"Macros in the configuration file can be overridden by the -D command line
option,..."

I think your "quick scam" was TOO quick... :-)

--
Philip Hazel University of Cambridge Computing Service,
ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.
Re: macro definition priority [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> This option can be used to override macro definitions in the configur-

> I think your "quick scam" was TOO quick... :-)

*sigh*, i'm always afraid i overlook something and then make a
complete fool of myself. now it happened.

thanks ;)

--
[-]