Mailing List Archive

Nested LDAP query
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up an Exim 4 server using an existing Netscape
Directory LDAP server. The LDAP server is currently being used
by various other applications, so I cannot, at this time, redesign
it.

Here's the problem:

We have many mailing lists which are used for internal
communications. These are stored in LDAP as a "groupOfUniqueNames"
object, which has a "mail" attribute containing the mail address
of the list, as well as possibly multiple "mailalternateaddress"
attributes, which are essentially aliases. The list of users is
stored as multiple "uniqeumember" attributes, which store the dn
of each user on the list.

A typical group object looks something like this:

dn: cn=Information Systems,dc=mydomain,o=top
objectclass: mailGroup
objectclass: mailRecipient
objectclass: groupOfUniqueNames
cn: Information Systems
uid: IS
mail: IS@mydomain
mailalternateaddress: MIS@mydomain
mailalternateaddress: InformationSystems@mydomain
uniquemember: uid=george,dc=mydomain,o=top
uniquemember: uid=fred,dc=mydomain.o=top
uniquemember: uid=tom,dc=mydomain,o=top

In order to expand this list, I have to first get the "uniquemember"
objects, which, unfortunately are stored as uid's rather than by
their respective email addresses. Then, for each uniquemember,
I have to do a second query to get their email address.

Is there some way to do this with Exim 4s routers?

--
David L. Harfst Computerized Medical Systems
Senior Systems Engineer St. Louis, Missouri