Regards,

Duncan
--
Re: outgoing authorization [ In reply to ]
At 03:52 PM 7/5/02 , you wrote:

>my mail server is currently able to send emails without checking the user
>authorization.
>
>Is there any way to disable an outgoing connection on a domain?
>Or to get a user authorization included on outgoing emails?

<sigh - I should just answer "yes" and move on, but can't bring myself to
stop there>

Both are possible, and covered quite well in the excellent documentation,
examples, FAQ, and list archives. Thanks to all those who code, research,
contribute, and document.

jbg

Jeffrey B. Green Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com Networking Las Vegas Since 1986
Re: outgoing authorization [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Duncan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my mail server is currently able to send emails without checking the user authorization.

So whats the problem?

> Is there any way to disable an outgoing connection on a domain?
> Or to get a user authorization included on outgoing emails?

Oh, it sounds like you want to require authentication for users ending
mail to (and possibly through) your server.

SMTP AUTH is what you want to setup to allow remote users to send mail
via your server.