Mailing List Archive

using the result of a perl script as address list
Hi,

I searched the docs and FAQS but can't figure how to do that:

I wan't to define an alias which expand from a perl script.
A synopsis of my script:

--- BEGIN adherents.pl ---
open connection to Informix database
open connection to mysql db

while (more in informix db) {

select from mysql db
print $username, '@', $domain, "\n";

}

close and free connections.
--- END adherents.pl

I have created an alias which expand to "|/usr/local/.../adherents.pl" (from a virtual alias in a mysql database), when I try this alias, i got this error message on return:

pipe to |/usr/local/exim/etc/adherent.pl
generated by adherents@cer53.cernet.fr

Le message suivant a été généré pendant la tentative de remise:

------ pipe to |/usr/local/exim/etc/adherent.pl
generated by adherents@cer53.cernet.fr ------

What am I doing wrong ?

I am quite sure i misunderstood something about aliases !

Pascal