Mailing List Archive

Exim+SA+DRWEB Problem
Alle,

This may end up not being an Exim problem (my daftness) but I have a situation
that has left me clueless.

I am hoping that someone is running the combination that I am trying to put in
place or Exim+DrWeb+SA (or maybe some other virus scanner than DrWeb).

I run Exim-3.36 with DRWEB Scanner (run via the System Filter) and now I was
trying to incorporate Spamassassin using the instructions Derrick 'dman' gave
at http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/.

I run DRWEB as follows from the filter:

# DR Web Antivirus will scan all messages

if $received_protocol is "drweb-scanned"
then
# looks like a already scanned message
finish
endif

[Snip some filter rules here..]

# Dr.Web Filter
pipe "/usr/local/drweb/drweb-exim -f $sender_address -- $recipients"
finish

However when I send mail to a local address on the test machine, the
mail seems to get stuck in the queue. I therefore do exim -qff and
get a delivery, which contains this error:

<cut>
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

pipe to |/usr/local/drweb/drweb-exim -f $sender_address -- $recipients
generated by message filter
Too many "Received" headers - suspected mail loop
</cut>

and yes, I see there was a loop, but I am unable to figure out where/how it originates

My (bulky) configure file is available at https://courier.wananchi.com/~wash/Exim/

Login guest/guest.

Thanks in advance for all advise.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com> "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd. www.wananchi.com Windows 95, NT, or better,'

"I have made mistakes but I have never made the mistake of claiming
that I have never made one."
-- James Gordon Bennett
Exim+SA+DRWEB Problem [ In reply to ]
[.Sorry, I sent this the wrong way initially by replying to another thread]

[...]

Your lucky number is 3552664958674928. Watch for it everywhere.