Mailing List Archive

Rejecting mail for unknown local users

I handle mail for multiple domains, and have setup each domain to act as a local domain (is this bad??)

I need to setup exim so that it bounces email for unknow local users, at the moment, it just freezes the message. It already rejects emails for domains that are not local

Thanks
Alistair Knight
--
Re: Rejecting mail for unknown local users [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Alistair Knight wrote:

> I handle mail for multiple domains, and have setup each domain to
> act as a local domain (is this bad??)

depends what you want to do with them. usually the answer is "no", and
i think if you don't know, then it's ok to have them as local.

> I need to setup exim so that it bounces email for unknow local
> users, at the moment, it just freezes the message. It already
> rejects emails for domains that are not local

if no director accepts them, they will be rejected. (that's exim3
terminology - it's somewhat different in exim4, but the underlying
idea is probably the same).

--
[-]