Mailing List Archive

Exim 3.36 and multiple internal domains
Hi!

I have a question on Exim's ability to handle multitiple domains.
(I need to handle two)
How can I differ between two domains in the directors section?
I mean how can I tell Exim to handle mails sent from domain1.com
different than mails from domain2.com in the directors?
Would be a situation like (both organisations are on one local place)
sending a mail from one internal organisation 1 to another internal org. 2.
As far as I understand that would should be handled by a director
because of the local destination domain2.com.
But I don't get along there. Maybe I have a big understanding problem
here (?).
I tried it with two directors with a condition in each of them but was
"kicked"
because I have no clue about regexps :-((
What's the normal way of doing such things?
Think there must be anyone of you who had essiantially the same problem
and can help me out here ;-)

Another problem I have is a router problem.
Inline routing would be (as far as I understand)
"route_list = * <ip.of.external_mailserver> byname"
I thought I just could say:
"[...]
transport = transport_rule
route_list = *"
in conjuction with the transporter which should
be used then, but then exim complains about the wildcard... :-(
And that's what I also don't understand - I have a first rule which calls
amavis
and it does not complain about an entry "route_list = *".... ????
Very strange I think... :-)

I'm really stuck and hope you can point me out where to look for some
info.
I have the exim book written by Philip Hazel, but I haven't found a section
describing a situation like I have here.
Okay, so far, enough strange text from me for now ;-))

Michael