Mailing List Archive

Vacation processing parameters
Hi:
I am running Exim 4.04 on a RedHat 7.2 box, and I have a couple of
questions about vacation processing.

1. I have a condition on my vacation router that checks if
$h_precedence is junk|bulk|list and if $sender_address is null, to avoid
sending a vacation message to a mailing list. I have seen examples of
configure files in various places that check for other things as well,
like sender = .*-request or postmaster or majordomo, etc. Are these
extra checks necessary, and if so, is there a definitive list of what to
check for?

2. From my reading of the manual, it seems that if I use the "once"
option on the vacation (autoreply) transport, with the "once_file_size",
Exim will create a file to keep track of who has been sent the vacation
message and when. It's not clear to me whether there is one file for
the whole system, or one per user. If the latter, how do these files
get removed when the user removes their vacation message?

Russ

--
Russell D. Wilton E Mail: WILTON@ULeth.CA
Network Services Manager Voice: (403) 329-2525