Mailing List Archive

Sample Frontend Javascript Code
Hi everyone,

I'm searching for a sample inbound front-end javascript authenticator to
transfer Cloudflare worker email messages (
https://developers.cloudflare.com/email-routing/email-workers/) to my
backend Exim imap.cfored.com mail server.

Here is my working front-end Javascript code:

// Define the readResponse function
async function readResponse(client) {
return new Promise((resolve, reject) => {
let response = "";
// Simulate the event-based nature of Node.js
// This is a simplified simulation and may not cover all use cases
// In a real browser environment, you would use the Fetch API or other
appropriate APIs
setTimeout(() => {
// Simulate receiving data
const data = "Simulated response data";
response += data;
if (response.endsWith("\r") || response.endsWith("\n") ||
response.endsWith("\r\n")) {
resolve(response);
}
}, 1000); // Simulate 1 second delay
});
}

// Define the EmailForwarder class
class EmailForwarder {
async handleRequest(event) {
// Update the SMTP relay server information
const relayServer = "imap.cfored.com";
const relayPort = 10025;

// Rest of the method remains unchanged

// Simulate connecting to the SMTP relay server
// In a real browser environment, you would use the Fetch API or other
appropriate APIs
const client = {
send: (emailData) => {
// Simulate sending the email
console.log("Sending email:", emailData);
}
};

// Simulate waiting for the response from the server
const response = await readResponse(client);

// Handle the response
// ...

// Simulate returning the response
console.log("Email sent successfully");
}
}

// Define the formatEmail function to convert webhook data to SMTP message
format
function formatEmail(data) {
// Implement logic to generate the SMTP message based on your format needs
// This is a placeholder, replace with your actual implementation
return `From: ${data.from}\r\nTo: ${data.to}\r\nSubject:
${data.subject}\r\n\r\n${data.body}\r\n`;
}

Hal