Jo?o Camara (11) 9 8136 2603

joao.camara@nicbe.com.br
<mailto:joao.camara@nicbe.com.br>

Re: Port 25 blocked by ISP [ In reply to ]
João Camara via Exim-users <exim-users@lists.exim.org> (Do 04 Mai 2023 14:53:08 CEST):
> Hi all,
> How can I set outbound SMTP port to 587 on EXIM4 ?

You're talking about the remote port, the port you deliver your messages
to. Find the transport that is in use for external addresses:

exim -bt test@example.com

and add `port = 587` to that transport. Most probably this won't
suffice, as you might need to authenticate with the submission host.

(Instead of `…-bt` you can read and understand the config ;), lookout
for `smart` or `upstream` or `submission`), depending on the origin of
your configuration.

--
Heiko
Re: Port 25 blocked by ISP [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 4 May 2023, Jo?o Camara via Exim-users wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How can I set outbound SMTP port to 587 on EXIM4 ?

You can set
port = 587
(or port = 465 which might be better) on the smtp transport,
but that is probably not what you want to do,
*unless you are only sending to one specific server*.

You would need a login (typicallly usernmae + password) on every
server you wish to send mail to.

If your ISP blocks outgoing connections to port 25 and
you have an email service provider that lets you access their
port 587 or 465, you can configure that service as a smart host.
Since you spell EXIM4 with a four, I guess that your are running Debian or
Ubuntu. If do the exim setup tool will help you do this.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk

Re: Port 25 blocked by ISP [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 12:07?PM João Camara via Exim-users <
exim-users@lists.exim.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> How can I set outbound SMTP port to 587 on EXIM4 ?

1. If all your outbound mail is routed to the same smarthost (this is the
one outbound SMTP is relaying to), then you need to add the suggested 'port
= 587' to the remote_smtp transport.
2. If you only want to send a few destination domains to that relay host,
then you may need to create a special purpose router for the few domains,
and a corresponding special purpose transport.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,