Moritz

--
PGP public key: https://apfelboymchen.net/pubkey-solawi.asc
Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 1:46?PM Moritz Orbach via Exim-users <
exim-users@exim.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I will be moving the Exim Mailman installation to our new server over
> the course of this weekend, migrating from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3.
> Expect mails to be delayed. I will write another notice when I'm
> finished.
>
> Best regards,
> Moritz

Which mailing list?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
Am Sa, 29.04.2023 12:50 Uhr schrieb Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users:
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 1:46?PM Moritz Orbach via Exim-users <
> exim-users@exim.org> wrote:
> >
> > I will be moving the Exim Mailman installation to our new server over
> > the course of this weekend, migrating from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3.
> > Expect mails to be delayed. I will write another notice when I'm
> > finished.
>
> Which mailing list?

Everything on lists.exim.org.
Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 2:05?PM Moritz Orbach via Exim-users <
exim-users@exim.org> wrote:

> Am Sa, 29.04.2023 12:50 Uhr schrieb Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users:
> > On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 1:46?PM Moritz Orbach via Exim-users <
> > exim-users@exim.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I will be moving the Exim Mailman installation to our new server over
> > > the course of this weekend, migrating from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3.
> > > Expect mails to be delayed. I will write another notice when I'm
> > > finished.
> >
> > Which mailing list?
>
> Everything on lists.exim.org.

Okay. Good luck.

Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
Am Sa, 29.04.2023 12:41 Uhr schrieb Moritz Orbach via Exim-users:
> I will be moving the Exim Mailman installation to our new server over
> the course of this weekend, migrating from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3.

The mailing list move is finished.

IMPORTANT: The domain of the lists changed from exim.org to
lists.exim.org. So from now on you have to write to e.g.
exim-users@lists.exim.org
instead of exim-users@exim.org.

Mailman 3 is pretty different from Mailman 2. If you want to manage your
list settings you need an account, which can be registered here:
https://lists.exim.org/mailman3/accounts/signup/
An account is not needed if you don't want to manage your list settings.

Known problem: Because Lurker (the archive) is now reverse-proxied
there's an error message about unencrypted tramsission when posting
forms.

Please contact me if there are any other problems.

Post away, fingers crossed :-)

Best regards,
Moritz

--
PGP public key: https://apfelboymchen.net/pubkey-solawi.asc
Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Am So den 30. Apr 2023 um 12:43 schrieb Moritz Orbach:
> The mailing list move is finished.

Congratulation.

There is a small problem with the footer. The footer does not start with
"-- " then only with "--", what makes it not marked as a footer.

Could you fix that please?

Regards
Klaus
--
Klaus Ethgen http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub 4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16 Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@Ethgen.ch>
Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
Hi,

D?a 30. apríla 2023 11:43:45 UTC používate? Moritz Orbach <code+exim@apfelboymchen.net> napísal:

>Please contact me if there are any other problems.

ARC seems to be missing now.

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk/
Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 2:44?PM Moritz Orbach <code+exim@apfelboymchen.net>
wrote:

> Am Sa, 29.04.2023 12:41 Uhr schrieb Moritz Orbach via Exim-users:
> > I will be moving the Exim Mailman installation to our new server over
> > the course of this weekend, migrating from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3.
>
> The mailing list move is finished.

Congratulations!

> IMPORTANT: The domain of the lists changed from exim.org to
> lists.exim.org. So from now on you have to write to e.g.
> exim-users@lists.exim.org
> instead of exim-users@exim.org.
>
> Mailman 3 is pretty different from Mailman 2. If you want to manage your
> list settings you need an account, which can be registered here:
> https://lists.exim.org/mailman3/accounts/signup/

Can we have Social logins, please? Will make life a lot easier.

Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
Am So, 30.04.2023 13:50 Uhr schrieb Klaus Ethgen:
> There is a small problem with the footer. The footer does not start
> with
> "-- " then only with "--", what makes it not marked as a footer.
>
> Could you fix that please?

Mailman was sneaky and saved the old Mailman 2 footers in the file
system without showing them in the web interface. I *did* install my own
files globally, but these were overruled. This mail should have the
proper footer.

Also fixed: From: munging.

Still open:
- There was protest about the new domain
- ARC signing
- Lurker non-HTTPS post
- There is a space in the sig separator, but mailman kills it.

Best Regards,
Moritz
Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
Am So den 30. Apr 2023 um 13:54 schrieb Moritz Orbach via Exim-users:
> > "-- " then only with "--", what makes it not marked as a footer.
> >
> > Could you fix that please?
>
> Mailman was sneaky and saved the old Mailman 2 footers in the file
> system without showing them in the web interface. I *did* install my own
> files globally, but these were overruled. This mail should have the
> proper footer.

No, the begin is still only "--" (without space at the end.

Regards
Klaus
Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
Am So den 30. Apr 2023 um 13:20 schrieb Odhiambo Washington:
> Can we have Social logins, please? Will make life a lot easier.

Please don't; at least not if it would concern all.

There is no such thing as "social networks", they are better named
"asocial networks" as they force people to use them that does not want
to give their data to such harvesters.

Regards
Klaus
Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
D?a 30. apríla 2023 12:54:12 UTC používate? Moritz Orbach via Exim-users <exim-users@lists.exim.org> napísal:

>Still open:
>- There was protest about the new domain
>- ARC signing
>- Lurker non-HTTPS post

I can only guess, but what i can see after quick look into
wget downloaded page, it seems that your backend hardcodes
URLs in HTML content. Nginx proxy doesn't manipulate content
returned from backed by any way (except redirects), but you
have some options:

a) fix URLs generation in backend (preffered, if possible)
b) connect to backend via HTTPS (resource wasting)
c) replace content in frontend

To replace content, you can use something as:

sub_filter 'action="http://lists.exim.org/' 'action="https://lists.exim.org/' ;
# by default does anly first replace
sub_filter_once off;

Or even to remove schema & host part at all (switch to relative):

Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 4:40?PM Klaus Ethgen via Exim-users <
exim-users@lists.exim.org> wrote:

> Am So den 30. Apr 2023 um 13:20 schrieb Odhiambo Washington:
> > Can we have Social logins, please? Will make life a lot easier.
>
> Please don't; at least not if it would concern all.
>
> There is no such thing as "social networks", they are better named
> "asocial networks" as they force people to use them that does not want
> to give their data to such harvesters.

Perhaps you did not understand what I meant.
Mailman3 allows it, as explained here:
https://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/config-web.html#configure-social-login
So instead of creating an account manually, I simply sign in with one of my
existing third-party accounts - like Github|Gitlab|Twitter|Google|etc

Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
On 2023-04-30 08:43, Moritz Orbach wrote:
> Am Sa, 29.04.2023 12:41 Uhr schrieb Moritz Orbach via Exim-users:
>> I will be moving the Exim Mailman installation to our new server over
>> the course of this weekend, migrating from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3.
>
> The mailing list move is finished.

Congratulations !

Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
Hi all,

Am So, 30.04.2023 14:17 Uhr schrieb Slavko:
> ARC seems to be missing now.

Thanks, Slavko. I temporarily reinstated ARC, but
Mail::DKIM::ARC::Verifier said the results weren't valid. Older
mails (before the move) fail the validation too, though. I gave me an
ARC crash course today, but I've got enough for know. I will continue to
work on the remaining problems on tuesday. Thank you all for your
patience and support.

Best regards,
Moritz

--
PGP public key: https://apfelboymchen.net/pubkey-solawi.asc
Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 3:52?PM Slavko via Exim-users <
exim-users@lists.exim.org> wrote:

> a) fix URLs generation in backend (preffered, if possible)

This would be good, yes.

> b) connect to backend via HTTPS (resource wasting)

The amount of resources "wasted" on HTTPS connections to the backend(s) is
insignificant on modern (less than 15 years old) hardware.

I would recommend using this option regardless of any changes to URL
generation in the backend, because of transport security, which means
hosting the backend on a different instance could become a viable option.

For the frontend, consider adding a HTTPS (SVCB subset) record in DNS for
cumin.exim.org.

--
Jan

Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
El dom, 30-04-2023 a las 13:43 +0200, Moritz Orbach escribió:
> Am Sa, 29.04.2023 12:41 Uhr schrieb Moritz Orbach via Exim-users:
> > I will be moving the Exim Mailman installation to our new server
> > over
> > the course of this weekend, migrating from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3.
>
> The mailing list move is finished.

Thank you

Re: Mailinglist move [ In reply to ]
Hi all,

last update.

Lurker works now. The environment variables HTTPS=on and SERVER_PORT=443
needed to be set. AFAIK SERVER_PORT can't be overwritten in Apache, I
changed the var name the the binary.

Signature separator: Removing white space before newlines is hardcoded
in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/mailman/handlers/decorate.py
I patched it.

Another new problem was the X-Spam-Status:-header which contained
Exim's $spam_report. It looks very different in the newer version of
SpamAssassin and was the reason for quite a few bounces, almost all from
Exchange. I reset your bounce scores.

ARC signing: Unlikely to be solved in the short term.

If there are additional problems I suggest to contact me off-list so as
not to annoy anybody.

Thanks for the feedback, suggestions and support.

Best regards,
Moritz

--
PGP public key: https://apfelboymchen.net/pubkey-solawi.asc