Mailing List Archive

Monolithic vs. multi-file configuration; was, Re(n): Configuring ...
Odhiambo, Slavko & all,

2023-04-10 22:57:49 UTC Odhiambo Washington wrote in exim-users,

See everything in one place.

2023-04-10 22:57:49 UTC Slavko wrote in exim-users,
> I do it opposite and i use that split style in many other daemons,
> including eg. sshd, dovecot, nginx, uwsgi, systemd, even with
> sudo...

Benefit from the structure provided by the file system.

The two aspects are addressed together when configuration is expressed
in a structured text. Also removing reliance upon the hierarchical
structure of a file system. The structure of the information can be
independent of the means of expression.

You can see an example in Oberon.Text which configures ETH Oberon.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/ETH_Oberon/2.3.7/Oberon.Text

I can't cite an explanation of the syntax but it's similar to JSON.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON

Formal language is a fundament of informatics.

Regards, ... P.