conversion tool could at least put a warning before that option.

All in all, upgrading to Exim 4 went pretty smooth and it works great.

Michael
Re: Upgrading from Exim 3 to Exim 4 [ In reply to ]
On 24 May 2002 michael@freenet-ag.de wrote:

> I just upgraded our fairly large mail system to Exim 4. The migration
> was easier than I expected. The conversion tool did a good job to give
> me a starting point for the new configuration and fixing the remaining
> issues took me perhaps an hour per configuration file. One thing that
> isn't obvious is the new way require_files is parsed. Perhaps the
> conversion tool could at least put a warning before that option.

From 4.03, the conversion script does a better job on require_files, and
it should have warned you in the comments that it output. Did it do this
for you? (It might be broken, of course.)

> All in all, upgrading to Exim 4 went pretty smooth and it works great.

Thanks.

--
Philip Hazel University of Cambridge Computing Service,
ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.
Re: Upgrading from Exim 3 to Exim 4 [ In reply to ]
> >From 4.03, the conversion script does a better job on require_files, and
> it should have warned you in the comments that it output. Did it do this
> for you? (It might be broken, of course.)

I just checked out my Exim 3 configuration and tried it: No warning, no
conversion either. In my case, require_files was a ldap lookup and for
Exim 4, I need to double the colon in the "ldap://".

Michael
Re: Upgrading from Exim 3 to Exim 4 [ In reply to ]
On 27 May 2002 michael@freenet-ag.de wrote:

> I just checked out my Exim 3 configuration and tried it: No warning, no
> conversion either. In my case, require_files was a ldap lookup and for
> Exim 4, I need to double the colon in the "ldap://".

I'll check that out.