of the box, or pass its own internal tests, for me.)

--
dwmw2

Re: DKIM, GPLv3 [ In reply to ]
David Woodhouse wrote:

> So I could possibly link with libdkim and ship Fedora's Exim under
> GPLv3. Does anyone have a problem with that, and/pr are there parts of
> Exim which are GPLv2-only without the 'or any later version'?

Yahoo has not licensed their DKIM patents for use under GPLv3.

From <URL:https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/920/>:

Yahoo! licenses its Necessary Patent Claims contained in the
patents and patent applications disclosed above under either of
two separate license agreements, one of which is the DomainKeys
Patent License Agreement (v1.2), and the other is the GNU General
Public License v2.0 (and no other version).

I don't understand how libdkim can be distributed under the Apache
license given the Yahoo patent terms, but IANAL.

On a somewhat related note, I started work on a DKIM implementation
for Exim last year depending only on GPLv2 compatible libraries
(libgcrypt and gnutls), but haven't had time to finish the code. The
intent was to create a small, lightweight implementation, tightly tied
to Exim, which could be distributed under terms compatible with both
Exim's and Yahoo's existing terms.

Paul

Re: DKIM, GPLv3 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, David Woodhouse wrote:

> So I could possibly link with libdkim and ship Fedora's Exim under
> GPLv3. Does anyone have a problem with that, and/pr are there parts of
> Exim which are GPLv2-only without the 'or any later version'?

That will be fine: the NOTICE file covers the whole Exim distribution.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot@dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
MALIN: NORTHWESTERLY 3 OR 4, INCREASING 6 FOR A TIME. MODERATE. RAIN OR