Mailing List Archive

Need version for Dell Axim X51v Pocket PC, Windows mobile 5.0!!!
Re: Need version for Dell Axim X51v Pocket PC, Windows mobile 5.0!!! [ In reply to ]

> Any chance this is on the horizon?

As per the note above, the chances that *anything* in Ethereal that it
doesn't already do is on the horizon are close to zero.

The chances probably aren't much better for Wireshark, even though it's
actively being developed:

1) I don't know whether the Windows CE version of WinPcap is actively
being developed - it's not a project from the WinPcap developers, it's a
side project;

2) I don't think anybody's looking at porting Wireshark itself to
Windows CE;

3) such a port would probably involve significant UI changes, similar
to the ones made to create Zethereal from Ethereal (Zethereal is a port
of Ethereal to the Sharp Zaurus, which has the advantage that it's
running Linux so the code that talks to UN*X Just Works; the UI code was
changed to use, I think, QTopia), due to the smaller screen size.