Mailing List Archive

How to test dissector changes
Hi I have done some major changes to a protocol, and would like to test
the specific cases in the protocol that I have changed. The problem is
that I don't have capture files that handle theses cases, so I wonder if
there is a way to easy construct your own capture files if you know the
byte-code you want to feed your dissector.

The problem I have is that my dissector is quite high in the chain
(ip->sctp...ranap->gsm_a_dtap) so I cant simply edit the gsm part, since
length indicator and possible crc checks in earlier protocols will be in
error.

So is there a good way to edit packages or tell ethereal/tethereal to
"just use" the gsm_a_dtap on the capture file?

/Regards Nils Ljungberg