Any thoughts?

Many thanks,
John
Re: QSIG Support [ In reply to ]
John Neiberger wrote:
> I would really love to see support for Q.SIG in Ethereal and I didn't
> see it on the current wish list. The Wiki page said to check here
> before adding anything to the wish list, so I'm checking.

Congratulation! You're the first one I know that actually follow the
"official" process :-)

This is just to prevent invalid and/or duplicate entries.

I don't know anything about Q.SIG, you may just add it to the WishList.
> As an FYI, my company is about to roll out a fairly large IP telephony
> project that will involve a lot of Q.SIG interaction. It would be
> extremely helpful to be able to span that traffic over to Ethereal for
> analysis
You may start a new Wiki page about this protocol and include a trace
file and the protocol specs, making it much more likely that it will be
implemented.

However, there are no guarantees that it actually will be implemented at
all, until you do the job yourself or find someone to do it.

Regards, ULFL
Re: QSIG Support [ In reply to ]
AFAIK Q.SIG is Q.931 + some parameters and should be supported by the
current q931 dissector.

On 3/13/06, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@web.de> wrote:
> John Neiberger wrote:
> > I would really love to see support for Q.SIG in Ethereal and I didn't
> > see it on the current wish list. The Wiki page said to check here
> > before adding anything to the wish list, so I'm checking.
> >

> Congratulation! You're the first one I know that actually follow the
> "official" process :-)
>
> This is just to prevent invalid and/or duplicate entries.
>
> I don't know anything about Q.SIG, you may just add it to the WishList.
> > As an FYI, my company is about to roll out a fairly large IP telephony
> > project that will involve a lot of Q.SIG interaction. It would be
> > extremely helpful to be able to span that traffic over to Ethereal for
> > analysis
> You may start a new Wiki page about this protocol and include a trace
> file and the protocol specs, making it much more likely that it will be
> implemented.
>
> However, there are no guarantees that it actually will be implemented at
> all, until you do the job yourself or find someone to do it.
>
> Regards, ULFL

-- Marshall McLuhan
Re: QSIG Support [ In reply to ]
Q.SIG is not the same as Q.931. Although they are related, Q.SIG and
Q.931 have a number of differences. However, they may be close enough
that, as you mention, the current Q.931 dissector might handle the
decoding. I would be worried that without specific Q.SIG support we'd
be missing all of the Q.SIG Supplementary Services.

I'll see what I can dig up about the protocol. I know that the
specifications are on the ECMA website. I'll try to find the relevant
data and post it (or the links) to the list and/or the Wiki.

Thanks,
John

On 3/13/06, LEGO <luis.ontanon@gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAIK Q.SIG is Q.931 + some parameters and should be supported by the
> current q931 dissector.
>
> On 3/13/06, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@web.de> wrote:
> > John Neiberger wrote:
> > > I would really love to see support for Q.SIG in Ethereal and I didn't
> > > see it on the current wish list. The Wiki page said to check here
> > > before adding anything to the wish list, so I'm checking.
> > >

> > Congratulation! You're the first one I know that actually follow the
> > "official" process :-)
> >
> > This is just to prevent invalid and/or duplicate entries.
> >
> > I don't know anything about Q.SIG, you may just add it to the WishList.
> > > As an FYI, my company is about to roll out a fairly large IP telephony
> > > project that will involve a lot of Q.SIG interaction. It would be
> > > extremely helpful to be able to span that traffic over to Ethereal for
> > > analysis
> > You may start a new Wiki page about this protocol and include a trace
> > file and the protocol specs, making it much more likely that it will be
> > implemented.
> >
> > However, there are no guarantees that it actually will be implemented at
> > all, until you do the job yourself or find someone to do it.
> >
> > Regards, ULFL

> This information is top security. When you have read it, destroy yourself.
> -- Marshall McLuhan

"Nothing will keep a person in everlasting ignorance so much as
contempt prior to investigation"
RE: QSIG Support [ In reply to ]
Hi,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QSIG lists a bunch of the standards
downloadable from http://www.etsi.org/
Brg
Anders

Re: QSIG Support [ In reply to ]
Here you go:

http://www.ecma-international.org/activities/Communications/N-PISN.htm

Thanx,
Jaap

Re: QSIG Support [ In reply to ]
The standards can be found on the ECMA website here:

http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Standard.htm

There are several important documents related to QSIG.

ECMA-164 Name Identification Supplementary Services (QSIG-NA)

ECMA-165 Generic Functional Protocol for the Support of Supplementary
Services - Inter-Exchange Signalling Procedures and Protocol (QSIG-GF)

ECMA-174 Call Diversion Supplementary Services (QSIG-CF)

ECMA-176 Path Replacement Additional Network Feature (QSIG-PR)

ECMA-178 Call Transfer Supplementary Service (QSIG-CT)

ECMA-186 Call Completion Supplementary Services (QSIG-CC)

ECMA-192 Call Offer Supplementary Service (QSIG-CO)

ECMA-242 Message Waiting Indication Supplementary Service (QSIG-MWI)

There are other documents related to QSIG on that site but I feel that
those are the most important ones.

Thanks,
John
Re: QSIG Support [ In reply to ]