Hi,

Now that we have TVBUFF routines, is there still a need for the various
plntohs etc macros (except for dissectors that have not been tvbuffified,
which may still be the majority)?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com
Author, Special Edition, Using Samba
Re: plntohs etc vs tvb_ routines [ In reply to ]
Probably not. But they're used inside tvbuff.c
Wiretap has its own copy of the same macros, too.

Yes, the majority of dissectors are not tvbuffified.

Oh, I don't know what we're going to do with the "minimal" dissectors, that
is, the capture_*
routines that are used to minimally identifiy protocols during the capture
phase. They're
not tvbuffified, so they still use the macros in pint.h

--gilbert

Richard Sharpe <sharpe@ns.aus.com> on 10/10/2000 10:52:35 AM

cc: (bcc: Gilbert Ramirez/Tivoli Systems)
Subject: [Ethereal-dev] plntohs etc vs tvb_ routines