Access to the CVS tree ...?
Hi,

How do I get access to the CVS tree now? I no longer have write access to
the old tree.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com
Author, Special Edition, Using Samba
Re: Access to the CVS tree ...? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> How do I get access to the CVS tree now? I no longer have write access to
> the old tree.

I've been attempting to move the tree to the new server. You _should_
have write access to 'cvs.ethereal.com'. Let me know if you run into any
errors. BTW, I found that the copy of cvs on my home machine kept
connecting to the old server, even after I updated my CVSROOT environment
variable. Cvs apparently keeps a repository path in a file called "Root"
in each CVS subdirectory. Running

perl -pi.bak -e 's/pow.zing.org/cvs.ethereal.com/g' `find . -name Root`

in my Ethereal source directory got everything working for me.