KPNQwest Austria GmbH, A-8020 Graz, Nikolaiplatz 4
t +43 (316) 813824, f +43 (316) 813824-26
e martin.bene@example.com, i http://www.kpnqwest.at
Re: documentation [ In reply to ]
On RedHat (7.1, (and 7.0)):

docbook-dtd30-sgml-1.0-10
docbook-dtd31-sgml-1.0-10
docbook-style-dsssl-1.59-10
docbook-utils-0.6-13
openjade-1.3-13
perl-SGMLSpm-1.03ii-4

On debian there is a package named "docbook2man" which is the
key to success. Do not use "docbook-to-man" !!

-Philipp

* Bene, Martin <Martin.Bene@example.com> [010525 16:15]:

Re: Documentation [ In reply to ]
Guess meant was 0.5.8??

> I want to do my part and write a Howto. Before I dive in a write
> it, I want to make sure I don't just duplicate someone else's efforts. Is
> anyone else in the process of writing a howto for drbd?

Saw no cool howto in web 'til now. Nice, but not really easy plan.

Think further, that drbd gets only in cunjunction with other HA-related
tools truly useful.

If necessary I'll support you in heartbeat related parts. We use DRBD to
protect a database and a mail/fileserver reliability. If a node crashes, the
other node takes it IP and services. Runs fine as far. ;O)_ Saw a lot of
sh.. 'til it
really works.

Michael
Re: Documentation [ In reply to ]
Certainly any help I get is useful. For me, I had a lot of
problems getting drbd initially up and running. I knew what it did, I
knew I wanted to use it with the ha heartbeat software. After much
reading on the DRBD web site, and playing around with the software I got
it work.

I'm hoping that by doing the howto, I can save the next person
that wants to use drbd a little bit of time.