Westboro MA 01581
ravi_shankar@example.com
LiveVoice: (508)870 2519
Re: JFS and drbd [ In reply to ]
I'm using ReiserFS for two months on production system with no
(at least visible) problems

Dim Segebart mailto:zager@example.com
Re: JFS and drbd [ In reply to ]
On 2001-01-24T15:02:45,
Ravi Shankar <rshankar@example.com> said:

> Anybody has any experience running the newly available
> JFS on Linux with drbd ?

reiserfs works fine with drbd.

Well, except that drbd isn't yet available for 2.4, or is it?

> We need to use JFS with drbd for added protection of
> data.

A journaled-filesystem doesn't add protection to your application data, but
protects its own metadata structures against crash-related inconsistencies.

That _will_ (as a result) also help protect your data against being lost, but
doesn't guarantee that your application data will always be in a consistent
state.

(I am sure you knew that, I just felt like adding the paragraph, because too
many people believe in magic ;)

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@example.com>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl