Mailing List Archive

Re: Philipp?
* Joshua Rodman <jrodman@example.com> [001229 02:39]:
> Hi all,
>
> I believe I've seen a patch or two as needed for use of drbd in current
> kernels floating around. Are these in the current CVS tree?
>
> Maybe Philipp is taking a much needed vacation, but I'd like to know that
> these fixes, improvements? aren't getting lost.
>
> Thanks for any reassurances. :-)

Hi Joshua,

Yes, I am quite inactive on DRBD theese days, but I hope that this will
improve at some time in the future. --- YES, I am still reading the
most of the mailing list --- YES, I am reading the pataches.
--- YES, I have a very long TODO list for DRBD and --- YES, at my company
we are using DRBD in production and --- YES, I have learned a lot about DRBD's
shortcommings. But NO, my company is not willing to sponsor DRBD
development on appropriate scale.

BTW, You are from SuSE , right?
Could you ask your management why it -- once more -- just stopped
the talks about DRBD sponsoring ?

PS: Sorry Joshua, this is nothing against you, but talking with SuSE
is complicated, because they are probabely so bussy that they forget
very often that they promised you response.

-Philipp
Re: Philipp? [ In reply to ]
On 2001-01-03T08:41:15,
Philipp Reisner <philipp@example.com> said:

> BTW, You are from SuSE , right?
> Could you ask your management why it -- once more -- just stopped
> the talks about DRBD sponsoring ?

Argh. Lets discuss this offline.

I will look into it.

(Comeing back from vacation can be so annoying ;-)

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@example.com>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl
Re: Philipp? [ In reply to ]
Philipp Reisner wrote:

[Compressing out technical discussions between Philipp and Josh]

> BTW, You are from SuSE , right?
> Could you ask your management why it -- once more -- just stopped
> the talks about DRBD sponsoring ?
>
> PS: Sorry Joshua, this is nothing against you, but talking with SuSE
> is complicated, because they are probabely so bussy that they forget
> very often that they promised you response.

I take it that things with acme didn't work out. Have you reopened
discussions with SuSE, then?

What do you want to happen?

How can I help?

-- Alan Robertson