The linuxconf module is ready, Daniel (one of the people working with
linuxconf here) is just awaiting my approval. I want to get any other such
modification into drbd before the module is released, and before too many
people start using it... :)

Fábio
( Fábio Olivé Leite -* ConectivaLinux *- olive@example.com[.br] )
( PPGC/UFRGS MSc candidate -*- Advisor: Taisy Silva Weber )
( Linux - Distributed Systems - Fault Tolerance - Security - /etc )
Re: removing *_MNTPOINT? [ In reply to ]
> Hi there,
>
> I mentioned earlier, but heard nothing back, so here it is again. What do
> you people think about removing the MNTPOINT variables from the
> configuration files?

[Reorganised]

> The only point where those variables are used is in datadisk when mounting
> and umounting. Those actions can perfectly use the device instead of the
> mount point, since the mount command will scan fstab anyway. datadisk will
> ask for the device to be mounted, wherever that may be.

As long as you can find the device on the config file to do the mount it
looks
like a very good idea to me .. I totaly agree with this idea

> This way we keep in the config files only information that actually
> matters to drbd, and avoid the problem of the admin changing a mountpoint
> in fstab and forgeting to change the right drbd file.

I got this problem, hopefully it didn't hurt ..

> What do you people think? Any other ideas as to how we can trim drbd's
> config files, while still keeping the current scheme?

I like a lot this "fstab" like configuration idea, even if it break all my
tools ..

Thomas
Re: removing *_MNTPOINT? [ In reply to ]
Am Mon, 22 Mai 2000 schriebst Du:
>Hi there,
>
>I mentioned earlier, but heard nothing back, so here it is again. What do
>you people think about removing the MNTPOINT variables from the
>configuration files?

Fábio, I think removing it is a good idea.
Redundant information spread over several config files is a Bad Thing (tm).

-Philipp
Re: removing *_MNTPOINT? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 01:14:00PM +0200, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> Am Mon, 22 Mai 2000 schriebst Du:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >I mentioned earlier, but heard nothing back, so here it is again. What do
> >you people think about removing the MNTPOINT variables from the
> >configuration files?
> >

> Fábio, I think removing it is a good idea.
> Redundant information spread over several config files is a Bad Thing (tm).

I second that. Redundancy is very confusing. Take it out gets my vote.

-dg

--
David Gould dg@example.com
SuSE, Inc., 580 2cd St. #210, Oakland, CA 94607 510.628.3380