that while the data is still available (both linstor-controller and
backup systems) but both are offline for at least the next week.

So, is there any other method to "re-create" or otherwise setup a
controller on another node?

I know, would be a good idea to setup some HA and/or some regular DB
backup and replication to other nodes, but in the meantime, what are the
options to get linstor-controller or at least linstor-satellites all up
and running?
Re: How to recover linstor-controller node? [ In reply to ]
I'm not aware of any way to recover from this situtation apart from
restoring the DB from a backup. If I was on your shoes, I would backup drbd
resource files usually stored within /var/lib/linstor.d on each satellite
node. Those are resource config files which linstor is managing centrally
from the controller to orchestrate the cluster. The chances are that you
will loose all those files once the satellites are brought back online, so
it would be a good idea to keep them as a point of reference when
rebuilding the controller. That being said, it might be a good idea to
consult professional support from Linbit if this is a production
environment.